To study abroad or to join our school, you will need to prove your level of language proficiency.

The Language Resource Centers (CRL) of Université Côte d'Azur offer their services to our students who want to improve their language skills. The Centers offer a wide range of learning material and also provide instructors to help students. For more information, go to the CRL website.
For incoming students you will need TCF, DELF, DALF... to prove your level of French language. 

You will also be required to take one of the following standard language tests :


The TCF tests your knowledge of the French language and is intended for all non-French speakers who wish to have their knowledge of French confirmed in a simple, reliable and recognized way. A French test is mandatory to enroll in a French university. The TCF test can be taken in Nice.

Centre de ressources en langues d'Université Côte d'Azur


The TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) is a listening and reading test particularly designed for the workplace that measures the level of English proficiency of non-native English speakers. TOEIC preparation and test sessions are organized by the IAE.

IAE Nice website


The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) measures the capacity of non-native English speakers to use and understand the English language in an academic environment. Please note that few tests are held throughout the year. 

Dates and location of future tests


The TORFL (Test of Russian as a Foreign Language) is a test organized by Université Côte d'Azur in partnership with the University of the Friendship of the Peoples of Russia (Moscow). Students who take the TORFL receive a certificate awarded by the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation. The TORFL is usually held at Université Côte d'Azur during the month of July, and it includes an intensive Russian preparation session and the test.

Maison de l'Europe et des Territoires